Thursday, April 16, 2009

Random Thoughts

Ok, so I work at a coffeeshop. As weird as this may sound, I really enjoy my job. I love interacting with people, and I am a morning person; so it just seems to fit. However, I just want to bitch for a second about asshole people. I am so fucking tired of dealing with complete jerks coming into the store and treating me like a moron. Just because someone is serving you in one way or another Mr. High-Up Bank Dude does not mean that he or she is stupid. There is no need to be condescending or demeaning. As a matter of fact, I would speak to someone in my position much nicer than I would a lot of other people because WE ARE SERVING YOU SOMETHING YOU ARE GOING TO INGEST. Plus, I have control over your caffeine level, so don't piss me off. Ha :)

I am currently in the middle of an amazing book. Everyone should check out The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I know I am only half way through it, but I am loving it. As sad as it is, I kind of want to finish it because I have like 10 other amazing books stacked in my "to read" pile and they are driving me crazy.

I don't know if I have talked about this on here, but everyone should read the book Red Tent: especially any woman. It will completely change the way you feel as a woman and how you connect with other women. I can't wait to have daughters and re-read this book with them.

Speaking of daughters, I had this interesting conversation the other day. I was talking to the amazing Sarah, and I said something about how I hope I have boys when I have kids because I don't think I will be good raising girls. Well, Sarah called my ass out (thankfully). The more I thought about her comments, the more correct I realized she was. I am actually quite disgusted with myself for ever saying that. There is no doubt that I have reservations about having daughters. I know the shit that is ready in this world to greet them. However, as Sarah pointed out, I am someone who should be having daughters. I know that I am capable of raising intelligent, worldly, kick-ass feminist daughters. I know I will also raise kick-ass feminist sons that are gender sensitive, but I should never hope to not have daughters. Ugh....I grossed myself out even thinking like that.

Finally, an uplifting note, spring is finally on its fucking way. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment