Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ok, so another thing I have to admit is that I watch the view. I LOVE the View. To me, even though they go off on these ridiculous tangents, there is something wonderful in a show of all women discussing many very relevant issues of the day.

Well, today, they started talking about the whole Rhianna and Chris Brown situation. First off, I am sick and tired of see this everywhere. I think it is an issue that should be discussed because it could help to shine light on all the domestic abuse that happens in our world. However, I can't handle shows flashing the horrible picture that the ever-so-lovely TMZ got their discussing little grubby hands on. It is just disturbing. TMZ is exploiting a woman and what she wants to be a private situation in order to increase their number of viewers. Fuck off.

But anyway, so off of this topic, the women on the View started talking about the problem with a lack of self-confidence in teenage women today. Oh the ever-so-closed minded and hypocritical Elizabeth started discussing the fact that women need to "honor their bodies" and take control of them. (haha she sounds pretty pro-choice if you ask me (if she only knew)). Well she goes on to say that basically a woman cannot honor her body if she chooses to have sex at a "young" age because somehow that is a man taking control over her. Now this just pissed me right off. How dare someone assume that a woman is not IN FACT taking control and honoring her body by having sex. She is a conscious being who is capable of making educated decisions on her own. I just am so tired of people assuming that a woman is not capable of making these decisions on her own. So frustrating....

Today is going to be a long day with thoughts like these running in my mind all day....

No comments:

Post a Comment